Monday, May 19, 2008

Reliquaries


Reliquaries
Originally uploaded by colleenbaptista
Reliquary: receptacle containing the relics of saints and other sacred objects of the Christain religion. They are richly decorated with gold, silver,enamel and jewels.

Over the weekend I took a reliquary class at an enchanting place called "Castle in the Air " in Berkeley. Eight delightful women sat down to design, assemble and solder these decorated little treasures. I have been wanting to learn to solder forever! It was great fun and wonderful to make new friends. Enchanting is the only word I can use to describe "Castle in the Air", with their imported papers, dresden filigrees, tiny bottles, waxes and ink, SO much to look at. I spent two days working on my pieces, each day coming home with so many ideas reeling in my head and a bag of goodies.

2 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

I'm not jealous, no, no, no,
well I'm trying to convince myself but it doesn't work lol

Lucky you!!!

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

These are great! what fun to take a class and be with others while learing something new!! lucky duck!