Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years "reflections"

Last night we watched the movie The Pursuit of Happiness, with Will Smith. As we watch this very sad but real movie, I looked over to notice Bentley laying on his end of the couch wrapped in my Pottery Barn blanket cozy, safe and warm and I thought of all the people that are living on the streets or losing their homes with no where to go. I sat back and thought of my many blessings in life and said a prayer for those who are lonely, cold and hungry. I have made a promise to myself to try to be less wasteful and more aware of the things I take for granted. I don't call what I do "New Year Resolutions", I call them "New Year Beginings" a fresh new start. My New year wish for you all...Warm homes, a roof over your head, food in your tummy and someone to love. Happy New Year......

No comments: